You know it really bothers me that Mike Huckabee did a better job of saying what I wanted to say in my last post; much more to the point.
This is from the conservative, baptist minister and former Presidential candidate:
And one other thing I think we’ve gotta remember. As easy as it is for those of us who are white, to look back and say “That’s a terrible statement!”…I grew up in a very segregated south. And I think that you have to cut some slack — and I’m gonna be probably the only Conservative in America who’s gonna say something like this, but I’m just tellin’ you — we’ve gotta cut some slack to people who grew up being called names, being told “you have to sit in the balcony when you go to the movie. You have to go to the back door to go into the restaurant. And you can’t sit out there with everyone else. There’s a separate waiting room in the doctor’s office. Here’s where you sit on the bus…” And you know what? Sometimes people do have a chip on their shoulder and resentment. And you have to just say, I probably would too. I probably would too. In fact, I may have had more of a chip on my shoulder had it been me.
WTF is Fuckabee doing? It’s making me re-think my position since I agree with him; not really. He’s right, and that’s really what my point was in my last post.
What a crazy week. I’ve been so busy at work. I haven’t had a chance to look at my Google Reader account and should be working instead posting. Anyway.
- Watching MSNBC right now and Mike Huckabee has the line of the night “[Senator Romney] has taken both sides of the whining issue.” The more I listen to the Republicans, the more I hate Romney. He seems to bring back the Karl Rove way of politicking.
- I’m here rooting for Obama and McCain – weird. Mike Huckabee seems like a nice reasonable guy – but he scares me and I don’t think he should be President. I’d have a beer with him, but wouldn’t vote for him.
- I think I’m tired of the media reporting on all the racial statistics – I’m not sure it gets us anything.
- Romney wins Utah (Mormon land) and Massachusetts (he was governor) and nothing else. Maybe people see him for what he is – slime.
- Obama winning Connecticut is as much a blow to Clinton as her winning Massachusetts is for Obama.
- Really – Ron Paul is running? And what’s with Joe Biden, Dennis Kucinich, and Bill Richardson still being on the ballot in New Jersey?
- I just watched Chris Matthews flat out lie in an interview to Huckabee. He said that Mississippi governor Haley Barbour said in an interview that Huckabee and Romney should drop out because they can’t catch McCain. What he said was that when there is a clear winner, the others should drop out. Matthews did this about 10 minutes after his interview with Barbour. This is why we should hate the media.
- It’s amazing how divided the Republicans are.
- Wow – we didn’t watch American Idol to watch the election results. Much more interesting.
- I’m staying up to see the Alaska results come in – all 12 of them.
- McCain just said “national primary”. If he promises that I vote for him. (Come on, if Ann Coulter and Rush Limbaugh hate him, he can’t be that bad).
- Oooh, will CNN leave McCain to broadcast Obama? I can’t believe they’re going to speak at the same time – don’t the campaign people schedule this better?
It looks like we’re going to be moving on without a winner on the Democratic side. I’m getting tired and have more work to do.