41. Long Gone Before the Daylight (2004) – The Cardigans
42. Franz Ferdinand (2004) – Franz Ferdinand
43. Parachutes (2000) – Coldplay
44. Van Lear Rose (2004) – Loretta Lynn
45. The Rhumb Line (2008) – Ra Ra Riot
46. The Modern Leper (2008) – Frightened Rabbit
47. You Are the Quarry (2004) – Morrissey
48. Some Cities (2005) – Doves
49. Consolers of the Lonely (2008) – The Raconteurs
50. The Reminder (2007) – Feist
comments: It was hard to rank 100 albums but I feel that the list gets stronger with each 10. Consolers of the Lonely, The Reminder, The Rhumb Line, Parachutes, and Franz Ferdinand are among my all-time favorites. I guess by definition these are all among my all-time top albums.
There’s a good reason why I didn’t do this earlier. Last year I lost my commute via public transportation. I didn’t give all the albums I got the same listen I used to. So I didn’t feel right judging them. After being laid off, I’ve had more time to ruminate. I know you’ve been waiting. The lack of A Rubber Door’s official recommendation is the one thing I can point to hurting the music industry this year.
I promise to make it up – the best of 2009 is coming within the week.
Honestly without M. Ward – this may not make the list. More Him, less She (Zoey Deschanel). And he listened – a new M. Ward album this year. (OK – I just relistened to You Really Got a Hold On Me – maybe it was the right amount of She)
My Favorites: Why Do You Let Me Stay Here, You Really Got a Hold On Me