Just found my first “mistake”. Definitely should have put Metric’s Fantasies ahead of It’s Blitz by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, but when I’ve listened to somewhere in the neighborhood of 2,000 albums in the past 10 years – the difference between a couple of spots is minor.
61. Back to Black (2007) – Amy Winehouse
62. New Magnetic Wonder (2007) – The Apples in Stereo
63. Golden Hum (2001) – Remy Zero
64. Loyalty to Loyalty (2008) – Cold War Kids
65. The Seldom Seen Kid (2008) – Elbow
66. How to Walk Away (2008) – Juliana Hatfield
67. The Stage Names (2007) – Okkervile River
68. Achilles’ Heel (2004) – Pedro The Lion
69. St. Elsewhere (2006) – Gnarlz Barkley
70. It’s Blitz! (2009) – Yeah Yeah Yeahs
The running list can be found here: Top 100 Albums: 2000-2009
comments: I wouldn’t be surprised to see Okkervile River’s The Stage Names in the top 10s of national publications. It may end up being a classic in the same way Neutral Milk Hotel’s In the Aeroplane Over the Sea has become over the years. I think Elbow may be the best UK band out there. Yeah, better than them. Cold War Kids could become one of my top bands with their current trajectory. And there is something about Juliana Hatfield – she’s still as hot as I remember, but that’s not why she’s on this list – twice.