So after 48 days I go back to work tomorrow. I’ve learned the following:
- I am a horrible homemaker – my laundry pile is worst than when I started and the house is still a mess.
- It is true what they say, finding a job, is a full-time job.
- My confidence in my ability to find a better job was not unfounded.
- I have an easier time finding a job, when I don’t have one.
- I have great, supportive friends.
- I have a great wife. (This is #6 because I already knew this). Four weeks after getting married, I choose to leave my job, relying on her for for everything. She’s a rock.
I’m excited about this. I’m going to a better place, in a position that’s better suited to me, for a pay raise, and a 10 minute walk from home. Hopefully I’ll be there for a long time – and happy all of it.