Kristen and I were talking about favorite cereals growing up yesterday and of course I had to make a list. I’m a child of the 70’s when sugar wasn’t bad for you. Of course now we know better, but the damage is done. And kids my age enjoyed the damage. So while now my favorite cereal is Kashi Golean Crunch (a less sweet Sugar Crisp that’s good for you), back then I wasn’t so discriminating. Here are my top 5 favorite cereals growing up. Share yours in the comment section.
- Cocoa Pebbles – what could be better? Cereal that when you’re done with it, leaves you with chocolate milk. A great dessert too! Note: Don’t be fooled by Fruity Pebbles (just not as good) or Cocoa Krispies (Not as chocolaty).
- Frosted Flakes – They’re GRRREAT! The beauty of this cereal is in it’s simplicity – sweetened cornflakes. And Tony the Tiger is almost as cool as Sugar Bear.
- Super Sugar Crisp – Forget about the fact that they’ve changed the name a million times to downplay the sugar (now it’s called Golden Crisp). This cereal was awesome and had the best character in Sugar Bear single the best jingle “Can’t get enough of that Super Sugar Crisp”.
- Lucky Charms – Had to include a marshmallow type cereal in here and by a nose this beats out Count Chocula – one reason: better marshmallow to cereal ratio. You laugh but when your sister goes and eats all the marshmallow charms by hand – this is an important consideration.
- Cap’n Crunch – Doesn’t rate higher because too much Cap’n Crunch is not a good thing. Still, my mom bought it every once in awhile – and for that it was perfect.