If you haven’t watched the first two nights – then you ought not read this article (of course if you haven’t watched the first two nights, maybe you should back away from the computer and go watch them).
What a fantastic four hours of 24. I was shocked in season 2 when the bomb went off mid-season, so I definitely didn’t expect that to happen in the fourth hour of the show. And if you know 24, you know that this isn’t the main story. The bomb (or five bombs) aren’t the issue – there’s another game afoot.
Couple of thoughts:
- Curtis – we hardly even knew thee. All it took is for me to pronounce Curtis’ invincibility for him to bite it. Not only is he killed, but he’s killed by Jack who is protecting a terrorist – oh the irony.
- CTU is as stealthy as George Bush at a gay pride parade. First they inadvertently warn the terrorist that Jack was trailing, giving him time to kill himself. Then they allow the bomb to be set off by doing the same thing at the warehouse.
- This President Palmer is making me miss President Logan – not to mention the first President Palmer. The show is 4 hours old – he’s made a deal with China to get Jack, and then two deals with Fayed, and finally pardoned Al-Assad.
- Big role by Kal Penn. I guess they didn’t want to take time from a Harold and Kumar of Van Wilder sequel
- Yes – Chloe is still bitchtasic