Talking about this this morning; your all-time top television shows. Here are mine.
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer – It’s annoying that so many people are too closed minded to have given this show a chance. Yes I know – vampires, but nothing was ever as well written and funny as this show.
- 24 – An incredible rush every week. And to make things better, the past two seasons have been run straight through without break until the end. Unlike Lost, you get all of the twists and turns with all the questions answered by the 24th hour.
- The X-Files – The best thing about this show is the Mulder Scully chemistry. Even with a strong mythology arc, the non-mythology episodes may have been better.
- Due South – What a shame this show was missed here in the states. Canadian born – an incredibly sly sense of humor and well acted to boot.
- The West Wing – The first 3 years were so well written, it allows you to forget the down years.
Give me yours.
Update: Let me add Angel to this list. Just finished watching seasons 3 and 4 and just started 5. While the best episodes of Buffy were better, Angel was more consistent. They also seemed to take more risks with Buffy – and for the most part the risks paid off.