I am going to assume that everyone has seen last night’s episode of 24. If you haven’t you really should be watching it now instead of reading my blog; last night’s episode was another example of why 24 is the best show on television. It is so good that even the commercial breaks are too long to wait for more action – much less the week in between shows.
Some points from last night:
- Does President Logan realize how close Jack was to killing him? Jack says that Cummings was responsible for President Palmer’s death I’m thinking the two first words out of your mouth shouldn’t be “I know”. If he weren’t the President I’m sure we would have had our second beheading of the series.
- Has there been a bigger pussy in Presidential TV history than Logan? Speaking of which, I’m guessing he’s not getting any tonight.
- How bad is Jack? He found those responsible for Palmer’s death in under 6 hours! JFK has been dead for almost 32 years and there are still questions revolving his assassination.
- Who made a bigger mess of their pants last night? Samwise Gamgee (Lynn) or Walt?
- What the hell is Audrey’s problem? She apologizes for being distant? Jack’s been at CTU for 30 minutes, been interrogated and attacked. I’m thinking he didn’t have a ton of time to worry about how distant she’s been. And could she pick a better time to call? BTW – the new girlfriend is way hotter and even with annoying son, less annoying than Audrey.
Question for next week: Who was behind the bed? Kim? A cougar? Nina? (I know she’s dead – but don’t put it past the producers to do it and make it plausible). My vote – Agent Charlie Brown (Agent Chase Edmunds from Season 3).
The following is from a CNN article about the record profit Exxon/Mobil collected in Q4 2005.
Exxon Mobil’s 2005 net income for the year comes to $1,146 a second. That per-second profit is enough to pay for gas for the average American vehicle to be driven 10,294 miles, at current gasoline prices.
This makes me so angry. Our President does nothing. Our Congress does nothing. Seemingly we do nothing. We’ve let corporate america run amok in this country.
Been bad at this – didn’t really have a good new music list over the holidays while trying to figure out what were my top 2005 releases. OK – so 2006 is a new and Cat Power’s release is the first big release of the year (as far as I’m concerned). Here’s what else is on my (new) iPod:
Andy Stochansky – Radio Fusebox
Carey Ott – Lucid Dream EP
Cat Power – The Greatest
Film School – Film School
The National – Alligator
Neko Case – Blacklisted
Sylvie Lewis – Tangos and Tantrums
Believe it or not all of these can be found on eMusic. The Cat Power is all I expected and so far Film School and The National seem to be excellent releases.
Bennifer, Brangelina, TomKat…I’m sensing a trend. So I’ve decided that Kristen and I need a couple name. I know we’re not stars, but I’m nothing if not ahead of the curve. Everyone will have a couple name soon. Here are your choices:
Help me out – we need to know how we will be referred to when we go on our pilgrimage to help the poor of the outer banks.
Actor Chris Penn died tonight at the very young age of 43. Every news story will describe Chris Penn in reference to a famous brother and that’s a shame. He was a fine actor and the loss will be felt by his family, friends, and fans.
Condolences to his mother Eileen and his brothers Michael and Sean.
Much too young.
Please post your thoughts and condolences. I will pass this link onto Michael.
Funny site that lists random facts about 24′s Jack Bauer.
Here’s the funniest:
When Jack Bauer requested a cookie in kindergarten, his teacher told him no and laughed. Jack replied by saying, “Look lady, I have crushed three rib cages since recess, rigged the fire alarm to go off right before the spelling test and stolen a total of $7.50 in lunch money. So maybe you should be a little more scared of the situation you’re in and just give me a goddamn cookie.”
This is a video from last August (8/4/05).
The song is “On Automatic” and can be found on Mr. Hollywood Jr. 1947
Update: Video removed by Youtube because NBC sucks